WHY I PLAY THE GAME
The game has provided me some amazing experiences, memories, and opportunities. This trilogy has occurred as an amateur and a professional.
As an amateur these memories include getting on my bike at 5:30 in the morning to get the first tee time before the seniors, watching my neighbor Tom Hooper win multiple UP Championships. Becoming a junior member at Pine Grove Country Club in Iron Mountain for $90 a year. A lifelong friend in Scott Anair winning the PGCC Men's Championship while still in high school and then continuing his play at the University of Michigan. Playing against the "Strong Brothers" from Ontanogan, MI for the coveted UP High School Championship all four years, and receiving low medalist honors in our conference finals. Shooting par. Playing golf with my brother.
As a professional it's been about the people that have impacted me and via versa. Working for very prominent people such as the late Scott Krause (Co-Founder of the National Golf Course Owner’s Association) whose work ethic is second only to my wife. Steve Bull (Vice President of the PGA of America) personal touch to know every what golf clubs his membership had in their golf bag, their birthday, and their kids name. Kevin Kihslinger (National GolfTEC Coach of the Year) for imparting his knowledge of the golf swing and his ability to communicate to his students. Giving a golf lesson to Worth Dalton, an All-American football player from Texas A&M in his youth, now blind because of retinitis pigmentosa, then making a Hole-in-one an hour later. There are many others along the way that have helped me develop as a teacher, coach, and friend with the ability to improve and achieve your personal goals in this great game.
A special thank you to the following men for a lifetime of memories: Trevor, Scott A, Todd, Joe S, Jeff, Larry, Joe F, Craig, Bob, Carl, Mike, Tim, Tom, Scott C, Joe W, Kirk, and Evan B.
Evan is a Class A member of the PGA of America with emphasis in teaching the game of golf, golf operations, and coaching. His 19 years in the golf business have provided many opportunities.
His experience has covered public, private, municipal, and resort facilities, as well as Director of Golf for Wisconsin’s The First Tee, a national junior golf initiative. Having worked for the late Scott Krause (Co-Founder of the National Golf Course Owner’s Association, Steve Bull (Vice President of the PGA of America), and many others along the way that have helped me develop a teaching philosophy suitable to improve and achieve your personal goals in this great game.
Evan's teaching philosophy is grounded in fundamentals and the cause and effect of your swing on the golf ball. With the use of technology such as the Foresight Launch Monitor and high speed video, diagnosing your golf swing, providing an improvement plan based on your goals, and supplementing targeted drills for ultimate consistency and long term improvement is what you'll receive from every lesson.
EVAN'S PROFESSIONAL CAREER
- Assistant Golf Professional - Muskego Lakes County Club
- Head Professional - The Rock at Woodmoor Resort
- Assistant/Head Professional - Tripoli Country Club
- Director of Instruction - The Golf Foundation of Wisconsin
- Head Professional - Squires County Club
- Certified Instructor - GolfTEC
- Head Coach - Cedarburg HS Boys Golf
- Head Professional - Ozaukee County Golf Courses
EVAN'S ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- 1997 & 2014 Wisconsin State Open Participant
- 1998 Elected to membership, PGA of America
- 2003 Bull’s Eye Pro-Am Low Professional (67)
- 2006 GCOW Teacher of the Year
- 2009 Las Vegas Pro-Am Low Professional (70)
- 2013 WIAA High School Golf Coach of the Year
- 2016 Wisconsin Senior Open, 17th place
- 2016 Pine Grove Bestball Winner (66-68)
EVAN'S EDUCATION & AFFILIATIONS
- 1987 Milwaukee Area Technical Institute, Associate of the Arts Degree
- 1989 University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- 1998 PGA of America since
- 2010 Northeastern Officials Association
- 2010 WIAA Level 1 Basketball Official
- 2015 US Curling Association Level 1 Curling Instructor
- 2015 Wisconsin Department of Agriculture Applicator
- 2016 Milwaukee Curling Club, Board Member, Director of Instruction & Youth Development
- 2016 American Heart Association, certified Heartsaver adult and infant in CPR & AED
Currently Evan is in his third season as the Head Golf Professional for the Ozaukee County Golf Courses. He resided in Grafton, Wisconsin with is wife Denyl of 30 years. They have two children, Alyssa and Parker.